Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1st night without Kion by my side....

Kion is finally sleeping herself tonight, in her own room, on her new bed. Yes, new bed again =p I know, this is the 3rd bed we had bought her since we shifted into this place less than 3 yrs ago but this time round, she was the one who made the request. All these while, we had tried, but mayb didnt try hard enough, to make her sleep herself in her own room... We tried buying kiddy furnitures, painting her room in her favourite shades of purple, pink & white strips, but each time she refuses to sleep herself, we would always bring her back to our bed to sleep with me while poor daddy gets to sleep on the mattress below the bed =p I think it was last monday, while we were having breakfast when she suddenly said: Mummy, can I have my own bed? I would like to sleep in my own room myself. I was shocked, but of cos, she made me promise that we would buy her a loft bed, so that she can play 'high-tea' party below her bed. As usual, the doting daddy, couldnt wait to find his daughter her 'princess bed'. So the very next day, our search began... It started at Flexa, although we really like the bed there, they didnt had stock till April. Next we went to Casa Kiddy, but daddy didnt like the beds there so our last stop was Picolo. Found the perfect bed there but without accessories, so off we went back to Flexa, to get all the curtains, bed pockets etc. The bed arrived this mornign & we managed to get everything done up b4 Kion came back from school, to give her a surprise =) She was indeed very happy when she saw her dream bed & I even allowed her to skip her nap for today, thinking it would help her fall asleep easier tonight. Hiaz, skipping nap certainly didnt work. I was with her in her room for more than 1hr b4 I finally gave in & told her I would sleep in her room with her for tonight, to make her feel more secure, b4 she finally fall asleep. Now, i have the speaker on, in case she looks for me in the middle of the night, & of cos, I had a mattress standby in her room, for who else? me of cos, if she cries for me tonight =p

No comments:

Post a Comment